If you can’t already think of enough reasons to bid adieu to recession-ridden 2009 and celebrate the new decade, these hotels will incentivize you to quit pining over the past, and usher 2010 in style. These top-9 NYE destinations are sure to get the new decade off to a dazzling start.
1. XV Beacon, Boston: One of Glam Globetrotter all-time favorites, this swank stunner in the heart of Beacon Hill feels more like you’re staying in a super sophisticated apartment rather than a hotel. Trust me – you’ll never want to leave.
XV Beacon is celebrating NYE — which also happens to be the hotel’s 10th anniversary – – with a package, including overnight accommodations in a Classic Room; a private anniversary reception; a bird’s-eye view of the fireworks from the exclusive roof deck (make sure to bring your faux fur); a bottle of Limited Edition 1999 Tattinger Prelude Champagne; late checkout and breakfast for two at its restaurant Mooo… on New Year’s Day. Package rate: $410, a 48% savings over accommodations alone.
2. Ryan Mansion, Newfoundland: For the romantic duo, look no further. Arrive via chauffeur to a luxe suite at the St. John downtown inn, unwind with a massage by L’Occitaine and celebrate with a dinner and gala at The Rooms cultural center. New Years Day indulge with an opulent dinner from the menu of the R.M.S. Titanic on replica china with 24-K gold lining.The 3-day/2-night getaway wraps on January 2 with late breakfast and chauffeur-driven transfer back to the airport. $2,101 per person including taxes.
3. The Langham, Melbourne: Why stay close to home? Dust off your passport to ring in the new decade down under – a celebration of epic proportions that you’ll be bragging about for the next 10.
Imagine yourself and your lucky travel companion staying smack dab in the heart of Melbourne’s vibrant art and entertainment district on the Yarra River. From there you’ll take-in the world-famous fireworks, stay in luxe, five-star accommodations and toast with a welcome bottle of Domain Chandon sparkling wine and chocolates. Also included is a breakfast buffet for two on New Year’s Day, valet parking, and late checkout at 2:00pm – Melbourne time, of course. From AU $690/double in a Deluxe River View room.
4. Omni Bedford Springs, Pennsylvania: Go back in time at this historic hotel with a NYE Gala fit for the most discerning globetrotters.
Festivities begin at the stroke of 6:30pm including open bar reception; four-course plated dinner at the Colonnade Ballroom; dancing with live band accompaniment until the wee hours, and a Champagne toast. Breakfast will be waiting for you the next morning in the Crystal Dining Room, one of the most historic dining spots in the country. $549/double; $389/single.
5. Hyatt Regency Newport Hotel & Spa, Newport, RI: The holiday season is one of the best times to visit Newport. The Gilded Age Mansions are bedazzled for the season making them even more gorgeous than usual.
The Hyatt is offering a cozy NYE escape with champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries, a decadent five-course dinner for two at the waterfront Windward Restaurant, and post dinner entertainment in Five33 Lobby Lounge. Check in early (2pm) and check out late on New Year’s Day (1pm). Complimentary self parking. $329/double.
6. THE US GRANT, San Diego: Leave your faux fur at home and pack your prettiest peep toe pumps for a memorable stay at San Diego’s most sophisticated address.
The haute downtown hotel, which is turning 100 in 2010, is beckoning its birthday with a celebration including chic accommodations (the hotel received a $56 million facelift in 2006), breakfast for two at the iconic Grant Grill, complimentary parking and a 4pm late checkout. All starting at $279.
7. Borgata, Atlantic City: Party like a Rockstar and get the red velvet-rope treatment in Atlantic City. Borgata’s ROCKSTAR PACKAGE includes a one-night stay in a Classic Room, breakfast for two at The Metropolitan and all access nightlife pass which includes admission for two to MIXX, mur.mur and Gypsy Bar; and a $100 beverage credit that can be used at any one of them. From $999 per night.
8.The Seagate Hotel & Spa, Delray Beach, FL: If sun and sand are essential, pack your Tory Burch beach tote and escape to the new Seagate Hotel & Spa in South Florida, where you’ll find sunny sophistication at its finest.
Say “Sianara” to 2009 with Deluxe room accommodations; a bottle of champagne delivered upon arrival; view of fireworks from the roof of The Seagate Hotel; New Year’s Eve “Recovery Kit and Buffet breakfast on New Year’s Day. Pricing starts at $485, based on double occupancy. Guests can also book three (3) nights at $379, one over New Year’s Eve, and receive the fourth night free and a $50 Resort Credit.
9. The Nines Hotel, Portland, OR: And #9 is the buzz-worthy beauty at the city’s most fashionable address. Toast 2010 with a “Through the Looking Glass” theme, turning the 6th floor of the hotel into a Wonderland, and hosting a bash to put the Mad Hatter’s tea party to shame. Dinners at the hotel restaurants start at $85 per person with reservations required; accommodation packages start at $299.
What are your New Years Eve Plans?
XOXO Travel Girl